Friday 15 April 2016

My Take on Makeup Wipes

Hello Loves,

Today I thought that I would talk a little bit about a beauty product that tends to get a bad rep. So yes, I'm talking about makeup wipes. So many skincare professionals bash them, but I don't believe that they're as terrible as so many people make them out to be, so long as you use them the correct way.

Do I use makeup wipes? Yes I do.




Although, when I first tried out a makeup wipe, I will admit, it was horrible. It was Yes to Cucumbers, and I think the fragrance in the wipes gave me a bad reaction, because I woke up the next morning completely broken out. I was pretty devastated. Needless to say, that prevented me from going anywhere near a makeup wipe for a long while.

However, I planned on going on a trip for a week, and I knew that I wasn't about to pack along my ginormous bottle of micellar water. So I went for the Simple Kind to Skin makeup removing wipes, and I LOVED THEM. I decided to try these specific ones because they are completely fragrance free and don't contain any harsh chemicals.

These are my absolute favorite!


I think that makeup wipes are incredibly useful to just toss in your bag and use on the go. If you're at school or work and decide that you want to make a quick stop at the gym, makeup wipes have you covered (because you should never workout with your makeup on). I like using them for that exact purpose because after my workout, I can head home and immediately shower, and properly cleanse my face. So I think that they're great at getting the majority of your makeup off, but in no way should they replace an actual cleanser. They will never remove everything and give your skin the proper clean it deserves. They're great to use as an add-on, an extra step to ensure you've taken all your makeup off.

Bottom line: I would never use a makeup wipe instead of skincare and call it a night.

They're great mid-day to give your face a pick-me-up or remove makeup because you don't want to over-wash your face. They're useful for the gym and traveling. And that's pretty much it in my opinion. So while they can definitely act as a last minute life-saver, I don't really consider them to be an actual skincare product.

What do you guys think of makeup wipes? Love or hate?




No comments:

Post a Comment