Sunday 10 April 2016

Mixing and Matching Skincare Brands?

Hello Lovelies,

Today, I thought I would chat about my thoughts on mixing and matching skincare from different brands.

From the time that I was thirteen and started using skincare, my mom would always have me buy every item from the same line. I was then using cleanser, toner and moisturizer and it was literally all Aveeno and nothing else. When I forayed into Neutrogena, again everything had to be from the same company. She firmly believes that one should try to use one skincare line only, because she believes that each product is formulated to best work with their sister products. It does make sense to me, but lately, as I've experimented with different beauty products, I've developed a different opinion.

I found this one on the web. Each and every product is from a different brand. 

I think that in every skincare brand, you will always find a few hero products that stand out. One brand may be known for their rich eye cream, another for their unique brightening cleanser. Every company has hits and misses, so why sign yourself up for the misses just to justify using the hits?

Why not just use all hero products, whether they're from the same brand or not?

I remember loving this one moisturizer from the drugstore that contained vitamin E. It was an amazing gel cream that I used for two years as a teen because it truly served every skincare need I had at that age. That cream was literally one of three products (all moisturizers) that that brand created, so it of course mismatched with the rest of my routine as I couldn't go out and buy their cleanser, toner, sunscreen etc. And it didn't matter one bit. I even tried a no-name brand that was the copy-cat of that particular cream when it was sold out one day, and that worked just as well. A quick note on no-name brands; if you're on a budget, they can be a lifesaver. You're getting an almost identical product for a way cheaper price. That's a score in my books.

So my final verdict? I say mix and match however you please. It makes the process more fun, and experimenting with different products and combinations may lead you to your very own customized routine that works best for YOU.

Go forth and do you. Mix and match to your heart's content.

Love,

Tabitha


No comments:

Post a Comment