Sunday 24 April 2016

My Favorite Ways to Relieve Stress

Hey guys!

Today I wanted to talk about a few of my favorite ways to relax and relieve my mind and body of any stress I may be holding on to. We live in a busy, fast-paced environment with all of us trying to do ten things at once, so it's only natural to become stressed out. The downside to stress is that it can weigh heavy on the way we look, especially when it comes to our skin. When I'm stressed out, my skin looks dull, broken out, and overall a little temperamental. Stress can even make you hold onto excess weight! Not fun at all.

I think that its crucial to take a little time for yourself and do whatever it is you need in order to feel balanced back to your natural self. It allows your mind to calm down, and thus calms your skin down, and regulates your body's natural rhythms.

Here's what I do to relieve stress:

Read - Reading is absolutely one of my favorite hobbies! I love books, and immersing myself in a fantasy or romance always relaxes me. I typically like to read a little before bed; it's great for helping to prepare your body for sleep as well.

Speaking of sleep....Get more - This is so important. Even if it's just one day a week, try to dedicate some time to either sleeping in later in the morning, or going to bed earlier. It makes a world of a difference. When I'm well-rested, there's nothing I can't do. Things always seem a little more difficult to overcome when you're constantly tired.

Exercise - one word; endorphins. They make you happy, thus relieving stress. I literally just did thirty minutes of cardio, and my mood is pretty darn chipper right now. It also gets your blood flowing, which will help your skin. Yay!

Yoga - This one is a little predictable, and I do apologize, but what can I say? It works! Stretching is so relaxing, and yoga in itself really does relax my overactive mind.



Essential Oils - Aromatherapy people! This has been a proven way to reduce stress for a long time. My favorites are blends with vanilla, citrus and coffee bean. I mainly use those at night. Eucalyptus and mint are really great during the day because they're both relaxing and energizing.

And there you have it! These things never fail to both relax and ground me.

What do you do to relieve stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment