Monday 1 September 2014

Bare-faced Beauty - Go Makeup Free



I absolutely love makeup. I think it's so fun and empowering, allowing you to play up your best features, change your look and make a statement. However, I firmly believe that we should take at least one day a week to go make-up free. Here's why:

1. Let your skin breath - Many don't particularly believe that skin needs to breathe, but I beg to differ. No matter how healthy or natural your makeup is, it can't be good to constantly have makeup caked on all day, every day. You need to allow your skin to do it's thing and allow some fresh air to hit your face. You don't want to risk clogged pores.

2. Confidence booster - I know it sounds weird, but I truly believe that going without makeup is an essential practice that contributes to healthy self-esteem. Makeup is powerful stuff - it can completely alter your face, and I think that it's important to know that we can all still be just as gorgeous bare-faced as we are all dolled up. Going makeup free more often will help your become more comfortable without all the makeup, so that you don't always feel the need to make up your face every time your step out of the house. I mean, let's face it, sometimes there's no time, or there's an emergency and we don't get the chance to do our makeup. Being comfortable in your own skin is sexy, and you'll be much happier for it.

3. Some occasions simply don't call for it - Which occasions do I mean? The gym, for one. Or yoga class. You should strive to never work out with makeup on ( unless it's mascara or a cute lip colour). The beach too; You should be able to dive into the ocean without worrying about your makeup melting off of you.

So do yourself a favour and dare to go bare! You're beautiful, so embrace all that you are in your natural state.

My makeup free days are sundays - do you have a designated makeup free day?

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment